Less than 23% of all Indiana residents have a bachelor’s degree. An online education in Indiana provides a more flexible option for the other 77% of adults to continue their education and help them advance their career or start a new career. Indiana has had a significant employment growth since 2010; however, many of these new job opportunities require a post-secondary education. Having an Indiana online degree can help you enter one of the high-growth careers in social assistance, professional services and health care.
Indiana State Facts
The state of Indiana is located in the United States’ Midwestern and Great Lakes regions. Indiana has been nicknamed “The Hoosier State” based on a poem written by John Finley of Richmond. It is the 16th most populated state with an estimated 6,570,902 people residing there. Indianapolis is the largest metropolitan area in the state. The climate in Indiana is humid continental with wet, warm summers and cold winters.
The largest industry in Indiana is manufacturing. The state has the United States’ largest steel producing area. Other manufactures include automobiles, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, electrical equipment, chemical products, factory machinery, coal and petroleum products and transportation equipment. Eli Lilly, pharmaceutical company, have their international headquarters and research facilities in Indianapolis. Mead Johnson Nutritionals are headquartered in Evansville. Indiana is the 5th largest state in shipments and total sales of pharmaceutical products.
Top Schools and Programs in Indiana
Indiana University is the largest educational institution in Indiana. In 1865, Indiana State University was initially established as a normal school to teach high school graduates to be teachers. In 1869, Purdue University was chartered. The University of Southern Indiana, Ball State University and Vincennes University are the other 3 independent state universities. There are also many private universities and colleges including the University of Notre Dame, DePauw University and the University of Indianapolis.
Some of the top online degree programs in Indiana include online information degrees, online nursing degrees and online criminal justice degrees. There are many other online education options in Indiana including marketing, business administration, accounting, mathematics, political science and special education. It is time for you to take the next step with an Indiana online education and start your successful career.